Sunday, July 17, 2011

HP7 Part deux, initial reaction

Just went to watch HP7 part two. I was still jet lagged, so I kept dozing off. I passed out for 4 to 5 seconds at a time. Every time I passed out at least 30 pages of the book went by in the movie. As a result, I missed a lot. Regardless, here are my initial reactions.

1. You really need to read the book to fully enjoy this movie. As with most books (or comic books) that become movie, you can't always get the full effect or inside jokes if you haven't read the source material.

2. Was Harry's mother a red head in the book as well? I see some Oedpidus complex thing going on in the movie; just was wondering if it was reflected in the book as well.

3. Is Snape Harry's dad? Or is this one of those unanswered questions that have 10,000+ posts in a thread on a HP fan site?

4. That last scene in the movie with them looking old was super lame. White hair + beard + bags under eyes does not equal age. You just threw hundreds of millions of dollars in special effects to create an incredible movie. Why not spend a few more $$ to create legit looking older characters? Did they get to the end and realized they blew all their money on the first 2 hours of the movie and couldn't properly finish the end?

:end rant:

Anyway, overall it was a fun entertaining movie that properly caps off an incredibl franchise (although I still maintain that the three main characters are terrible actors/actress. I think I'm going to try and read the books now.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.3

4 comments:

  1. Wait, you've never read the books?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read books 1, 2, and 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhahahah best review ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you've never read the books!!! that's just sad erik! you're right that once you've read the books and you watch that movie, you understand the nuances in between the scenes they actually show.

    also the ron and hermione are excellent actors. harry probably lags behind them. snape and voldemort were amazing

    ReplyDelete