Friday, September 30, 2011

Finished Reading: Slaughterhouse-Five

Finally finished reading Slaughterhouse-Five today. So it goes. It's been on my to read list ever since I read Cat's Cradle.  This book was a lot different than Cat's Cradle, and it threw me off at first. I'm not a huge fan of anti-war books (not a supporter of war, but I find anti-war books boring), but Slaughterhouse-Five was extremely enjoyable because of the added sci-fi element. It had a generous blend of sci-fi, anti-war, and philosophical themes.

Overall the book is rather depressing and morbid, but there are moments of optimism in the book that speak to the resiliency of the human condition. I highly recommend that everyone read this book at least once. It's only 214 pages and should be a nice quick read.


No comments:

Post a Comment