Monday, January 16, 2012

I hopped off the plane at LAX, with my dream and my cardigan

I really love the city of Los Angeles. It's a wonderfully diverse city with great food, great art, and great beaches.  The first morning that I was in Los Angeles, I went running along the Venice and Santa Monica beaches. It was refreshing breathing in that ocean breeze and seeing all the unique things that LA beaches had to offer.  My favorite thing about LA, though, is that there are so many different areas to explore. Each region has its own flavor and style, and I find it hard to believe that anyone could ever get bored of this city.  I will definitely be back in the near future; there's a lot more I need to explore and eat.

 Beautiful view of the city from Griffith Observatory



Food Highlights
- Lamb burger @ Gjelina
- Umami/truffle burger @ Umami Burger
- Green Tea Donut and Koko Churro @ Cafe Dulce
- Chicken and Waffles @ Roscoe's
- French Dip @ Phillipe's
- Ramen and Pork Cutlet @ Daikokuya
- Short Rib Taco and Calamari Taco @ Kogi

 Traveling Companions
















Corey - Huge thanks to Corey for letting me crash at his place and taking me around. Ironically, I wasn't able to get a good shot of the one guy that I was hanging around the most in LA. The best I could get was this photo of him at the LACMA sipping on coffee.

JM














Hamidah


Notes
- I'm really bad at depth of field photography. Most of my photos of food have been awful.
- I've been shooting in both RAW and jpeg, but I'm not very good at editing out of RAW; it's really frustrating. I'm not sure if I should continue to shoot in RAW since it's just a waste of space if I'm not going to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment